What kind of services do you offer?
- We offer an array of outpatient behavioral health services for adults and children and youth.
These include individual, group and family counseling, medication evaluation and monitoring, testing, evaluation and consultation, day treatment programs for children and youth and adults, substance use and dependence treatment, community support services, peer support services, and emergency services.
We are the comprehensive behavioral health service provider for southwest Mississippi.
Who is eligible for services?
- Residents of the 9 counties of southwest Mississippi are our primary clients. Our regions include Adams, Amite, Claiborne, Franklin, Jefferson, Lawrence, Pike, Walthall and Wilkinson Counties.
We provide services for children, adults and the elderly. Persons living outside our region are not eligible for our in-region discounted fees but may be eligible for other discounted fee rates.
Do I have to pay for services?
- We will never deny services based on your ability to pay. However, it should be anticipated that some form of payment is expected for services provided. Fortunately, we offer a wide variety of payments plans. Medicaid and Managed Care Medicaid cover the full cost of services. Medicare and insurance may cover a portion of fees for services. We also accept direct payment of fees from our consumers who do not have any other benefits that cover behavorial health services. We have discounted fees on most of our services based on a sliding fee scale available to residents of our service region.
Who does mental health serve?
- We provide mental health services to people from all walks of life and all socio-economic catogories.
We attempt to make our fees affordable in order to increase the opportunities for persons with limited resources to access our services.
Do you approve people for disability?
- No. That is decided through the Disability Determination Service of the Social Security Administration. While we provide records and information to assist them in this process, our agency has no direct role in determining the outcome of these claims.
How much does it cost for your services?
- We have a list of standard fees for each service. The cost of services for residents of our service region is determined in one of several ways.
Residents of our region without any healthcare benefits may have their fees calculated on a sliding fee scale, based upon family income and number of dependents. Discounts for up to 80% off of our standard fees are available for most services covered by Medicaid. Medicare and private insurances generally cover a portion of the cost of services
For some people, all or part of the cost of services may be covered by an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) agreement between the agency and their employer. Mississippi residents living outside our region may receive behavorial health service through the agency, but they are not eligible for discounted fees and must pay the standard fees for services. Out-of-state residents may be eligible for other discounted fee rates.
Are you a state agency?
- No. We are one of 13 regional community behavioral health agencies serving the citizens of Mississippi. Each region has its own governing Commission and its own policies and procedures. The Mississippi Department of Mental Health provides the service standards we follow in providing services, as well as some grant funding for services and technical assistance to facilitate our meeting the necessary service standards.
Who do you serve?
- We provide behavioral health services to people from all walks of life and all socio-economic categories.
We make our fees affordable in order to increase the opportunities for persons with limited resources to access our services.